NSFAS Online Application 2021 Phase 2 | nsfas January 2021 Application
NSFAS Online Application 2021 Phase 2 : Opening of the second phase of applications
After considering all the submissions by our stakeholders, NSFAS executive management decided that it was best to open the second and last application window of application for financial aid as follows.
- NSFAS will re-open for 2021 applications for all learners who have not applied during the 01 August – 30 November 2016 window period;
- Applications for students who wish to study at TVET colleges will open from the 09 January 2021 and close on 14 February 2021; and this is meant to coinside with release of matric results.
- Applications for students who wish to study at universities will open from 09 January 2021 and close on 20 January 2021.
Although NSFAS will accept paper applications, universities and TVET colleges are encouraged to assist students to submit online applications during these application periods. This will speed up the process of evaluation and funding to students.
We are calling on all young people who missed the first application phase this year and need NSFAS financial support, to take advantage of this second opportunity and submit their applications for financial assistance as soon as possible. Online applications can be done on the NSFAS website, while manual applications can be sent via fax, post or email, as with the recent application phase. This is now time to start collating all your supporting documents so that the applications process is smoother.
Nsfas how to apply
Nsfas how to apply : It’s quite simple, really. Full time registered students who meet the entry requirements for the scheme just have to complete and submit NSFAS applications forms at their university’s financial aid offices. The only catch is that funding isn’t automatically renewed, so students need to make sure to reapply every year.
To apply on the NSFAS website, you will be required to register first to create your personal online account, and then proceed to fill and submit the application form online. You may need about 30 minutes to complete this online process, and must also have scanned copies of the following required attachments:
- Matric Certificate
- Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Last Academic Results
- Proof of parents income (If parent/s employed)
- Death Certificate/s (If parent/s deceased)
- Doctor’s Certificate (If permanently disabled)
For a full list of the required supporting documents which will be needed to complete your application Click Here